Monday, April 6, 2009

Pea Coat

A pea coat (or pea jacket, pilot jacket) is an outer coat, generally of a navy-colored heavy wool,[1] originally worn by sailors of European navies.[2] Pea coats are characterized by broad lapels, double-breasted fronts, often large wooden or metal buttons, and vertical or slash pockets.[3] Although it first appeared in the early 18th century, modern renditions still maintain the original design and composition.

That is how wikipedia defines a pea coat.

Here's my definition. You have a pea coat when a first grader sits at your desk to work on a computer program and wets their pants all over your coat which is hanging over the chair. This is the ultimate "pee" coat. Awesome.


It's now at the dry cleaners.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE your teacher stories! SO FUNNY!

DC Diva said...

Sick.

I always thought a pilot jacket was something totally different. Wiki could be wrong... it is just written by peeps like you and me.

Or maybe I'm thinking of a bomber jacket.

Lisa Weiler said...

hahahaha

Laurie said...

OH MAN! good one Ali, good one!

Codi said...

Oh that is terrible! I would never be able to wear the coat again without thinking of the pee.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Serious Bummer! I love the new back drop on your page. You need to help me find a good one.

Mom said...

Third graders..............yeah!