Sunday, March 7, 2010

Babymoon

Last week Jonathan and I went on our last big trip before our lives drastically change and it becomes much more stressful and high maintenance to travel.  We went on a cruise with a few of Jonathan's siblings to Calica and Cozumel, Mexico.  We had a great time and loved spending time with family that we hardly ever get to see.  Here are some of the highlights.

Towel Animals Towel Animals each night.

IMG_0398 
Dressing up for dinner in the dining room.

IMG_0365 IMG_0371
Karaoke Singing


Water Slide 
Going down the waterslide (which after I went down twice I was told I could no longer go because I was pregnant.

IMG_0480 And learning swing, cha cha, jazz, and country dancing.

 

We had two ports of call.  The first was in Calica.  We got up early and took a 2 1/2 hour bus ride out to Chichen Itza to see the Myan Ruins.  It was neater than I thought it would be.

IMG_0416 IMG_0420

The second was in Cozumel.  We all went snorkeling together.  Unfortunately Jonathan never quite got the hang of it and spent the majority of the time getting water out of his mask and mouth.  After snorkeling we went to a beach where they had kayaking, and water trampolines, slides, and rock climbing.

Snorkeling

IMG_0512

IMG_0510

IMG_0519

All in all, it was a great, relaxing vacation which we probably won’t get again for a while.

IMG_0407

9 comments:

Mom said...

I don't think I ever went on a "Baby moon" so I am very jealous. You look absolutely terrific for 7 months pg. Very glad you guys could go and have fun.

Love Dad

PS Was that a chess set I spied in the background?

Mom said...

Fun blog, I'm glad the 3 of you had such a good time.

DC Diva said...

I'm holding 2 crying kiddos right now (and the one in my belly could be crying for me) and I'd like to know... when is my babymoon?

Looks like so much fun! I'm jealous and happy you had such a great time.

P.S. I climbed those stairs once. :)

Jill said...

Sounds like fun. I also spend most of my time clearing water out of my mask and mouth when I snorkle.

Merilee said...

I just want to say...there is no way you are 7 mo pregnant.

Also, I'm glad you said those towel animals were made by others, because I was going to comment about how crazy it is you know how to fold towel animals.

Ali, it took them three turns around to the top of the slide to realize you were pregnant? At least you got those first two runs in.

You and J Snow look so happy. I'm glad you had such a glorious time. Makes me want to go on a cruise.

Love you, miss you, please send me your address, so I can send you letters and can make you feel guilty about sending me letters when I'm on a mission in Guatemala.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Fun Ali! So glad we both got to go on awesome vacations. You look great...love the snorkeling picture :)

Ashley said...

I know everyone else is saying this, but I really can't believe you're 7 months pregnant! You're so tiny. Glad you had such a great trip. Can't wait to see this little one!!

Brianne said...

How fun! I would love to go see the ruins. I am so glad you two had a solid vacation before the baby!

Bethany Sines said...

ali!!! you're pregnant!! aaahh i'm so glad i reconnected with you now so i can see pics of her when she comes!! this is bethany mickelson by the way..well, bethany sines technically. i miss you!! i blog stalked cheryl and you. : ) my family blog is
www.jjandbethsines.blogspot.com

so fun to hear your updates. love you!!