Monday, September 27, 2010

Surprise!

May 13, 2010 – This gal was born:
2010-06-29 Playing on her mat 2 
June 27, 2010 – This chunk was born:
Max King
September 1, 2010 – This kiddo was born:
IMG_2222
We call them the triplets. 
It all started right after Sawyer was born.  There were 2 new babies that my dad and I had not met.  1 that we had not seen in a 3 months, and another that we had not seen since last Christmas.  My mom was getting ready to fly to Pittsburgh to help Cheryl with Sawyer.  We knew Wendy would be heading to Pittsburgh to see Cheryl/Sawyer/my mom the last weekend my mom would be there and she would be bringing her two kids with her.  The only grandchild missing would be Hannah.  So, my dad and I decided to surprise both Cheryl and Wendy and just show up in Pittsburgh.
It was tough to keep the great news a surprise…but totally worth it for good reactions.
We flew out Thursday, September 17th.  Our flight got in around 4:30 and around 6:00 we rang Cheryl’s doorbell.
The plan was to have Wendy be there as well.  However, it didn’t work out.  So, that night we got to have another surprise when she got there around 1:30 AM
It was SO fun to all be together (although we missed T & L who weren’t with us).  It was a little chaotic with 5 babies 2 and under (3 of which being 4 months and under).  I think twice the entire time we were there we had all five kids quiet and napping….and even then it only lasted about an hour. 
The week was filled with fabulous fun.  Some days we spent hanging out at Cheryl’s just watching Anderson and Lincoln play while other days we tackled going out.  Grandpa Mike finally had his dream come true and took his grandkids to the zoo.  Anderson was really the only one who appreciated it, but Lincoln loved showing off his new skill and had a great time walking all over the place.  The triplets mostly slept in their strollers.IMG_2118
DSC_0141
IMG_2125
DSC_0164
IMG_2142
DSC_0216(Anderson LOVED the petting portion of the zoo)
DSC_0198The zoo had this great playground that Anderson loved.  We spent hours watching Anderson RUN all over the place.
DSC_0202(Note: Max – asleep.  Mellow Max was like this the entire trip.  Relaxed no matter what was going on.  I spent 5 days with the kid and I have yet to hear him cry.) 
DSC_0207
IMG_2151
Max and Hannah gladly played with Papa and Grammy while Anderson got his energy out on the playgrounds.
IMG_2124Grammy was always counting strollers to make sure we didn’t leave a child behind somewhere.

One evening we went downtown and rode “The Incline”.  It was a trollyesque ride that took you up a steep hill for a view of the city.
IMG_2187 IMG_2213 IMG_2208
Another day went went for a beautiful walk along the river.
Strollers on ParadeIMG_2251IMG_2248 IMG_2254 DSC_0484
We attempted a photo shoot with all the kiddos in matching PJ’s…
Photo Shoot
But it ended up going like this:
Some of the cute pictures we got:
DSC_0388 THE TRIPLETS
Max (2.5 months), Hannah (4 months), Sawyer (2.5 weeks)

DSC_0284  BROTHERS
Lincoln (1 year 2.5 months), Sawyer (2.5 weeks)

DSC_0265COUSINS
Sawyer (2.5 weeks), Max (2.5 months)

DSC_0434 COUSINS
Lincoln (1 year, 2.5 months), Anderson (2 years, 5 months)

DSC_0470 BROTHERS
Max (2.5 months), Anderson (2 years, 5 months)

DSC_0300
 COUSINS

15 comments:

Codi said...

So cute & so much fun! That is so great that you were all able to be together! What a fun surprise!

Bethany Sines said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! man that is so cool you all got to be together, especially since you all have babies!!! aaahhhh i love it! i can totally see each of your babies looking like each of you.

Michael and Michelle said...

OH what a fun trip! They are all so cute together!

Julie Broadbent said...

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. What a fun surprise. The cousin photo shoot is adorable. It was fun to see Susie and Mike holding 4 boys and girl for a change.

Mom said...

GREAT POST ALI, you summed up our time together perfectly!
Mom

Ashley said...

Oh. my. gosh. I love the triplets!!!
They are all so adorable and what a fun surprise for your sisters! Hannah is getting so big. She's so cute and smiley! Can't wait to meet her and take pictures of her :)

mike said...

I think the greatest force in the universe is probably the ability of grandkids to get their grandpa to do whatever they want no matter how foolish, silly, or ridiculous.

Thanks Ali. Good times.

Love Dad

Laurie said...

So cute!! I love the picture of all three of you walking, each pushing a stroller.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Uhmm...can I just link to your blog instead of blogging this myself? I think I will if that's okay. No time to blog now that all my helps gone. Great summary. Good Times. Such a fun surprise!

DC Diva said...

HAPPINESS!

Tami H. said...

How fun! So many babies! To die for cute pajamas!

Lisa Weiler said...

I feel very happy. This was such a great post. I am so sad I missed such a great weekend. Wow. Dad's dream really did come to pass, eh? I love the matching pjs and the collage you did of all the the attempted picts. SUCH cuties! All of them. I think I downloaded and saved about 75% of the picts of this post. I miss those little ones. I esp. love the pict of Hannah laughing huge as she is holding onto someone's hands and not looking at the camera. So fun.

lys said...

I love, love, love this post. You've done such a marvelous time capturing the excitement of the moment and all the fun memories that you made. You are so fortunate to have such great sisters/friends & so lucky to be able to raise your children together. What fun to have cousins so close together in age. Again, I love this post. I wish that I could be a Weiler sister. ;)

Lisa said...

Love the pictures! That is so fun that they are all so close in age!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures! That is so fun that they are all so close in age!