Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bad Hair Day

When Hannah was born she had amazing hair.  There was a ton of it and it was dark with blonde tips.  Everyone asked me if I took her somewhere to get her hair highlighted….seriously? 

Picture 144

As she got a little older her hair got a little longer and the tips stayed.  I LOVED them. 

cropped hannah in frame

She had so much hair all over her head.

2010-05-17 Trying on new clothes that were too big 2

2010-05-21 First Nap in Crib 12

2010-06-19 I am starting to like baths now 2010-07-22 - Little Lips 2  IMG_2080

Then, as with most babies, she started to wiggle more and her hair started to fall out.  She started with one bald spot in the back.   baldspot

That got larger and soon wrapped from ear to ear.

IMG_2604  IMG_2599

Now, I don’t know what to do.  Her hair is SO long on top…what other 6 month old do you know that has long enough hair to put it in curlers?

IMG_2739 curls 1

But it’s SO short/non-existent around the bottom.  It always looks bad.  Do I cut off the top?  Do I leave it alone?  IMG_2710

I do think I need to trim the long whispies around her ears

IMG_2536

So many babies are bald and I feel so lucky to have a baby with so much hair and I don’t want to cut her down to nothing.  When will it start to grow back?  Because for now – she’s always having a bad hair day.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

When that happened to my brother's daughter, they shaved it all of so it would all grow in nice and thick. I do think that would be really hard to do though.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

OH my...this has me laughing so hard. I wish I could see it in person and try to help. I'm not sure what to tell you...probably I would trim the whole thing and hope it grows in evenly.

Mom said...

I had forgotten how much hair she used to have. I say trim the whispies.

mike said...

I don't care too much for the comb-over look either. Get out the shears. You can always use a wig for awhile.

Love Dad

Codi said...

This was Iris. And as much as I loved the hair, it is a lot less worry having Willa and Olive who were bald in comparison:) I went through the same thing, and I have to say that when I finally broke down and cut it, I thought that it looked so much better. I ended up trimming her hair 5 times before she was 1. I still worry about cutting their hair all the time, wondering if it will look better if I just give in, and it always does.
Good luck!

DC Diva said...

You put her hair in curlers? You put her hair in curlers! Ha! She really does look like her namesake in that curlers pic. :)

So sad Hannah. You can really see the loss in these pics. I'm w/ everyone else... trim it and it will all grow back evenly hopefully. Cheryl talked me into trimming Max's hair and it looks much better. It was SO long, random, whispie! Now I wish we would have done it pre-fam pics.

Lisa Weiler said...

hahah. I love self-deprecating humor. I didn't know hannah was having some hair problems. so funny. whelp, at least she is still little. No matter what kind of hair kids have they are still cute simply because they are mini bodies