Friday, March 25, 2011

Grandma’s Day

Grandma’s Day started many years ago with Grandma Jean…2010-12-23She would watch all the grandkids while their moms had a day to themselves.

My mom decided she wanted to continue this.  Once a week I bring Hannah to my parents and it’s “Grandma’s Day”.  Well, seeing as Hannah is the only grandchild close enough to participate it’s pretty casual and flexible.  Usually I stay and hang out too because I rarely have errands I can’t run with Hannah.

Like I said..it’s very flexible.  Typically it’s on Tuesday but if for some reason I have something going on, or my mom has something going on, or I just don’t feel like getting dressed, Grandma’s day gets postponed or canceled.  That’s, however, upsetting to Grandpa.  If for whatever reason we don’t show up on Tuesday the next time I talk to my dad I usually hear, “How come you didn’t come up for Grandpa’s Day?  I waited all day and you never showed up.  I really need to see Hannah.  Are you going to come today?”

This week I didn’t come on Tuesday so we rescheduled for yesterday.  I must say, it was a GREAT Grandpa’s Day.  Papa was very cute with Hannah and played with her most of the time.  Hannah and I had great time.

Hannah ate lots of new foods like avocado, corn flakes, and fiber one.IMG_4199

Hannah learned how to play ball…Playing Ball Collage

She even learned to play ball like her older, boy cousins…IMG_4214

We even went to the park and played on the swings.  It’s a little cold but Hannah loved it!

IMG_4227IMG_4240

IMG_4263IMG_4245

 IMG_4282

 

 

 

And wait….What’s this??? 

 

 

 

Did she learn how to crawl???IMG_4211

AND WALK???IMG_4225

 

 

 

 

No.

 

 

These were just great timing pictures where she was forced into crawling and standing positions.  Both pictures were immediately followed by collapsing to the floor and crying.  She’s still perfectly “content” to sit all day long.

IMG_4256

Thanks for a fun Grandpa’s Day!

IMG_4273-1

6 comments:

Mom said...

Hannah is very lucky to have such a fun and loving Papa!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Oh my gosh, she looks SO cute in those pics!! Her hair is looking great these days! That's a great picture of the two of you at the end. You look fantastic. I'm trying to decide is you two look alike...a little.

I love that she's rolling the ball. Cute video. And those pics of her standing/crawling...awesome :) Love my Hannah Bans Nans!!

Lisa Weiler said...

I didn't know you went to the park that day, thats fun. love the pict at the bottom with you and Hannah, very good one. :)

DC Diva said...

This post makes me so happy for you. And so sad for me. I may have even teared up a little. :( What a fun Papa. What great memories.

LOVE Hannah's outfit. I think it's ADORABLE when baby girls rock blue.

Can she sign more?????

What, no mention of, "we even listened to Wendy vent"?

Those walk/crawl pics are deceiving! I got all excited! She is SO CUTE.

And great pics of you and Hannah and Dad and Hannah. Wow!

Mom said...

I love how Hannah lets her tongue hang out when when she plays ball, ala Michael Jordan. That is a fantastic picture of you and Hannah on the swing. You are both so pretty. Thanks Ali.

Love Grandpa

Laurie said...

That is so sweet!