Saturday, June 25, 2011

Not bad for $15

This week I participated in Bountiful Baskets for the first time.  The location is just down the street from my house in my neighborhood.  I went early and volunteered which was more fun than I thought it would be and I came home with a great haul.  All this for $15.  Not bad. 

IMG_55161 cabbage, 1 lettuce, 1 celery, 2 green onions, 6 carrots, 1 package of grape tomatoes, 1 package of strawberries, 10 peaches, 7 plums, 6 mangos, 5 bananas, 8 apples, and 13 limes.

Anyone have some good ideas for limes?

I also got 5 loaves of bread for $10.

5 comments:

Michael said...

I love lime - age on a hot summer afternoon.

DC Diva said...

Wow!

Laurie said...

Awesome! Maybe you could make some key lime pie.

Becky Barnes Heywood said...

Triple Citrus Cupcakes.
Slice up limes and put them on fish.
Use them in salsas.
Slice them up and put them in water.
They make great garbage disposal fresheners.
Key lime pie.
Those are all the things I have used limes for.

Becca said...

We've done BB a few times, and have loved it! Sounds like a good week; we skipped this week. Can't wait to start up again. I love the suspense.