Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy 4th (a little late)

I decided that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday.  I love the BBQ’s.  I love the music.  I love the parades.  I love that everyone dresses in the same three colors.  I LOVE the fireworks.  I love everything about the 4th and this year we had a great one.

It started on Saturday the 2nd.  We dropped Hannah off at my parents where she was going to have a sleep over.  My parents back door neighbors were having their annual 4th of July party and once again they set up an awesome slip and slide that went from the top of their hill down to a water spraying bounce house.  Of course, my dad wanted to take Hannah down it.  The more she went the more she liked it.

IMG_5518IMG_5520IMG_5524

 


While Hannah was playing and Grandma and Grandpa’s, Jonathan and I headed back to Provo for the “Qualtrics Stadium of Fire”.  That’s right, Qualtrics was the name sponsor this year so that meant we got four free tickets.  We brought 2 of our nieces, Natalie and Kendra.  We all got cool blue tee shirts to wear which was an OK sacrifice to make for such great seats.  We on the field, 20th row.  David Archuleta and Brad Paisley were the performers.  David Archuleta could use some work on his song transitions but Brad was awesome and put on a great show.  And of course, the fireworks are the best in Utah and I loved every second of the 20 minute show.

IMGA0073 
Sunday morning we went to church baby free then headed to Sandy to have dinner.  We spent the night there since the next morning Jonathan, Lisa, and Austin would be doing the Pepperwood Mini Triathlon.

IMG_5525
Austin did the whole thing himself and Jonathan and Lisa were on a team.  Lisa did the swimming, Jonathan did the biking, and they both ran (for fun).

IMG_5528 

IMG_5530

IMG_5541

IMG_5542

Then my dad took Hannah for a little run and they crossed the finish line too.  It was a pretty casual triathlon.

IMG_5549
Next was breakfast, music, playing on the playground and the tennis tournament. 

IMG_5555

My dad participated in a tennis tournament.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen my dad play tennis before so it was fun to watch and I learned a lot about scoring.  Unfortunately, the last time my dad played tennis was 10 years ago and the man he was playing against plays tennis 3 times a week in a prestigious tennis organization.  My dad held his own but ended up losing.

IMG_5565

After the Pepperwood festivities we head to Willow Creek Country Club for lunch and games.  Hannah rode a train and got her face painted.  After lunch we (Jonathan, Ali, Tom, Carrie, Lisa, Austin) stayed to play cards.  Hannah was keeping herself busy crawling around but found a leftover bowl of popcorn.  She got a piece caught in her throat and threw up all over herself and the carpet.  That was her first real throw up that wasn’t baby spit up. 

IMG_5567

IMG_5570 
Finally, we went home and had a special 4th of July cake I had made.

IMG_5575

IMG_5577IMG_5578  

Hope every one had a Happy 4th!

7 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

I LOVE Hannah's little sunglasses and hat! What a cutie! Oh! and that cake! Amazing!

Mom said...

That was the best 4th of July I've ever had. My favorite picture is the one of Hannah with the her fireworks on her cheek. It was fun to watch Dad play tennis again, we all had a VERY MERRY..........GOD BLESS AMERICA!

mike said...

Fun day!!! Brighton has always been great, but after so many years doing the 4th there, it was nice to do something different

Thanks to Hannah for going down the big slippery slide with me so it wasn't so scary.

Love Dad

Laurie said...

That looks like it was so much fun!! I bet my girls would have loved that huge water slide!!! To bad we don't have hills like that around here.

Lisa Weiler said...

thanks for the picts awesommmmme

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

That cake is seriously amazing!!! How did you do that? It looks like it's straight out of a cookbook. IMPRESSIVE!

I love the pictures of Hannah with the firework on her cheek.

I love the slide Pics.

God bless the USA.

DC Diva said...

Oh my gosh that cake is amazing! I heard about this fun family holiday and now I'm totally sad I missed out. :( You guys had a blast!

I love that Hannah and Dad did that slide together. Great video!

Love the pic of Austin & Lisa showing their numbers. Props to them & Jonathan for doing a tri -- WOW!