Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Hannah is getting to the age where holidays are pretty fun.  She gets excited about the activities but doesn’t expect anything so she’s happy with everything.  We started out the festivities by dying eggs.  Of course, Hannah had no idea what that was, but when I told her on Friday we were going to color eggs she jumped off the couch, clenched up her fists next to her face and exclaimed, “I so excited!”  We dressed her in one of my shirts and got to work.  She helped drop the tablets in the vinegar.  She also helped drop the eggs in, which was a little messy.

IMG_7622IMG_7633IMG_7636

It’s been awhile since I’ve dyed eggs and I forgot what a long process it is, and almost-2-year olds don’t have a lot of patience.  Good thing we had stickers to entertain us while we were waiting.

The next morning we went to the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.  There was a roped off 3 and under section, but the difference between an almost 4 year old and Hannah is pretty big, especially when it comes to being aggressive.  She only got 5 eggs, most of which I put in her basket.  She didn’t care though.  She was thrilled with each egg and didn’t know any differently.

IMG_7645IMG_7648IMG_7652IMG_7661

Sunday morning was pretty laid back.  Again, the beauty of a kid with zero expectations.  Jonathan hid the colored eggs outside and Hannah set out on the hunt.  It took a few eggs to understand what to do but then once she figured it out, she loved it (that being said, she needed a lot of help knowing where to look), but once she saw the egg, she’d run up to it and hold it up and say “EGG!” then drop it in her basket.

IMG_7670IMG_7674IMG_7696

After eggs we found her basket - filled with practical gifts I’ve been wanting Hannah to have for awhile.  It was hiding by the couch.  She was most excited for the eggs which she opened one at a time and ate the candy immediately.  By the end she had a mouth full of jelly beans and was loving her life.  She also got some Dr. Seuss books and play-doh.

IMG_7698IMG_7704IMG_7714

That evening we headed to Sandy for Easter dinner with my parents, Tom, Carrie, Lisa, Austin and my grandparents.  I thought everyone would love seeing Hannah do an egg hunt so we filled more eggs and hid them around the yard.  Turns out people weren’t as interested as I thought they’d be but Jonathan and I had a great time walking around, helping Hannah find her eggs that were scattered about.  Note to self though - 18 eggs is a LOT of eggs for a 2 year old to find.  Also, hide them close together because they’re hard enough to find in plain sight, let alone when they are far apart.

IMG_7725IMG_7728IMG_7732

Some eggs required a little more work to get to.IMG_7744

IMG_7752

This particular egg had yuckies on it which she didn’t care for.IMG_7754

7 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

she is such a doll.

mike said...

Great Pix. Oh how wise Hannah is and what we should learn from her. If we all had small or no expectations that could then always be exceeded I think we would all be a lot happier. Enjoy it now.

Love Dad

Lisa Weiler said...

Hey I watched her get eggs! Such a cute Easter dress

Doug and Leslie said...

Her little dress is so cute. Love the denim

Mom said...

Yeah, I didn't watch her look for the eggs...........sorry I missed that. I was too busy being bugged about my expectations of the day not being fulfilled. Lesson learned Hannah, lesson learned.

DC Diva said...

Amen! I love this age (Anderson is still in in!) w/ next to zero expectations but 100% pure joy and excitement. It will all change one day. It's great having little kids!

Darling denim dress and loved her pink morning flips.

Way to be practical on the basket gifts!

I think about the fists by the face and "I so excited" and I just melt. Please bless she is still doing that in June.

Jill said...

She is such a cutie!