Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Organization Station


Some of you might remember that last year I received a grant for myself and 2 others teachers to purchase rugs for our classrooms. I have LOVED my rug ever since I got it and don't know how I managed without it.

Around the same time I found out about a website where teachers go and submit proposals for classroom items and then random people/companies fund the projects. I decided to ask for something that I really wanted but didn't really need because who knew what would actually come of it. I submitted my proposal on January 10th, 2008.

Nothing ever came of it...until yesterday.

I received an email saying that on September 9th (the day before my proposal expired) my proposal of $442 was fully funded and all I had to do was accept the donation and they would purchase and send me my order this month. (Really, my item only cost $299 plus shipping but this website tacks on a bunch of other "fees and donations which I think is kind of lame but I won't complain because I didn't pay a penny.)

Anyway, I am so excited! I pride myself on being one of the (if not the) most organized teacher in my school - having everything filed neatly, color-coded, and in their own compartments, containers, and "homes", and knowing where everything is. I know this donation to my classroom will only make things even better.

Stay tuned...I'll post again when I have all my literacy centers organized in this!

6 comments:

DC Diva said...

so exciting! congrats! of course you are the most organized teacher. you are your mother's daughter. we all are.

Anonymous said...

You guys are all freakishly organized.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Nice woman!! You are such a good teacher. You're kids are super lucky to have you. Can I please come look at your school over Christmas break? Will school be in session at all btw the 19th and Jan2? I'd love to come watch you in action.

Brianne said...

Okay wicked and mean teacher, that is a wicked awesome rug and organizer. Look at you, winning tickets to Disneyland and now this. That's amazing! Hey, Jeff and I want you two to come over soon. I'll make Jeff call today, I'm too lazy:)

Codi said...

I want that rug for nursery! I love it!

jonathan said...

Woo hoo for the cubby holes!