Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Afternoons

With the new year church has been moved from 1:00 to 9:00. It's great. I come home, eat dinner, take my nap, wake up and I still have more of the day left than I did before with 1:00 church. The past two Sundays I've been filling the extra time with cake decorating projects. I'm not sure how long this will last, but here are my two creations.
1 - Snowman Village


I stole this idea from one of Wendy's friends who made this for her on her birthday. I made it for my sister-in-law Cherilyn last week for her birthday.

2 - Superbowl Sunday



We didn't have a Superbowl party, nor really watch it (it's actually going on right now) but I felt like making a Superbowl cake. It was my first attempt ever at really decorating a cake more than just tossing sprinkles on it.

7 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Wha hoo!! Ali posted again!! Seriously? You made a super bowl cake for no reason? Are we related? I have to say though, I'm very impressed with both creations. Are those snow men made out of marsh-mellows?

I loved our 8:30 am church last year. It is so nice to have such a long Sunday afterword. How come you didn't answer your phone when I called you an hour ago if you're just home baking?

Lisa Weiler said...

dannnng ali!! that cake is soooo good lookin! the snowman cupcakes look great also! i feel like you are making cakes straight out of that one cake cookbook mom has...with the castle and the barbie cake yeahh?? YES :)

DC Diva said...

very nice job w/ the snowmen! and that's a good looking football. we went to a superbowl party last night and the host made a football field cake (brownies actually) but served it up w/ just green and stripes -- yours is great w/ the ball and logos!

Jill said...

Wow Ali! I had no idea you were into cake decorating. Very nice.

Laurie said...

That is the exact time I had church last year and this year! Love the cakes, its fun to do something creative every now and then.

Aaron and Stacey Stevenson said...

I was just telling Stacey we need to get together sometime too. After I take my test on Friday my life will get back to being more normal.

Mom said...

Nice job Martha.