Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Disney Renaissance


Tonight we were trying to figure out what movies were in the "10 year Disney Contract". There were debates about when it started, what movies were in it, when it ended, etc. I did my research and here is the answer.
It was known as the Disney Renaissance; when Disney returned to making animated films that were based on fairy tales. It actually started in 1989 and finished in 1999 - one each year, except 1993. Interesting. They are not all the "Classic Disney" movies you normally think of. Nor, do they include all the great princesses. The list is a follows...
  • 1989 - The Little Mermaid
  • 1990 - The Rescuers Down Under (I never would have guessed that one)
  • 1991 - Beauty and the Beast
  • 1992 - Aladdin
  • 1994 - The Lion King
  • 1995 - Pocahontas
  • 1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • 1997 - Hercules
  • 1998 - Mulan
  • 1999 - Tarzan

4 comments:

DC Diva said...

This is Wendy & Cheryl. We love the bling on the princesses. We wish we had been there for this discussion. Great info. I've always wanted to know the truth behind this list.

Brianne said...

I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to decide which of those movies is my favorite. Hmmm, maybe Mulan.

Ashley said...

Seriously though - you need a new post. I want update, missy! Hope you guys had a great Christmas. Much love!! Mwah!

Jeff said...

I'm not sure what Brianne is talking about with Mulan. Belle is by far the #1 princess. "Bonjour, bonjour...bonjour, bonjour, bonjour."