Friday, October 12, 2012

Baby Boy and Big Girl

With the arrival of a baby boy, I needed to redecorate my little girl nursery and move my baby girl into a big girl room.  With Hannah’s new room, I knew I wanted to go neutral because Hannah and Jackson will someday share a room – and I didn’t want to have to start over in 2 years.  So, I got inspired and got to work.  We bought bunk beds so in just a few years Jackson can join Hannah.  I’ve added a few “girl” touches for now since Hannah is the only one in there but my goal was to have a bright, happy, colorful, play room feel.

IMG_9491IMG_9485IMG_9486IMG_9489IMG_9490IMG_9493

Jackson’s room became a jungle

IMG_9494IMG_9495IMG_9497IMG_9501IMG_9503IMG_9504

We moved Hannah to her big girl bed about 2 weeks before Jackson was born.  We wanted to get her settled in her new room before the big transition of having a new baby in our house.  She did a fabulous job.  The first time she slept in her bed was for a nap.  She played for 2 hours, then we found her like this -

IMG_8065

She got the hang of it pretty quickly – we don’t think she ever fell out – and never looked back.  She never was sad that someone new was going to be sleeping her crib.

IMG_7666

Jackson feels OK about his room too.

IMG_9499

4 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Those rooms really look so fabulous. I feel like me, you and wendy have some seriously cute decor going on. (and probably Lisa but haven't seen her place) Must come from Mom :) Really do love both rooms. Good job.

Mom said...

The rooms look so good, I loved your vision for fun, fresh and bright for Hannah/Jackson's room. Love all the organization bins. You must be related to me!

Doug and Leslie said...

LOVE the bright green dresser! And all of it :)

DC Diva said...

Jackson totally looks like Hannah in that pic!

Oh Hannah, you're so mature.

Holy organization bins. Must be daughter of Susie AND former teacher.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper cuters rooms. It's fun to see it all together. Hello rug from MD Home Goods! Love, love, love, love, love Jackson's letters w/ their wild prints. Love that you hung them crocked. So cute!