Friday, October 12, 2012

Weiler Family Reunion

Every 3 years there is a Weiler family reunion.  We’ve been doing these since I was 4.  I love getting together with all my cousins and aunts and uncles.  We have such a fun time together.  This year it was in Lava Hot Springs, ID.

The first evening there we played some great Olympic inspired games – you know, things like “figure skating” – person with the smallest waist won or “Shot Put” – person who could spit a goldfish the furthest won.

IMG_9546IMG_9550IMG_9561IMG_9567

The next day we went rafting down the river.  I thought it was going to be like floating down the Provo River, but it was much more intense than that.  That being said, we took Hannah down once so it wasn’t THAT crazy.  Most everyone walked away with a few scratches though.

IMG_0938IMG_0952

IMG_4888

That night we played some more fun “Minute to Win It” games.  That night was followed with a movie tribute I made for my grandparents.  They’ve been so awesome in putting on these reunions for the past 24 years that I thought it was high time a video of pictures from all the reunions be put to music for everyone to enjoy.  It was a big hit.

IMG_4897IMG_4915IMG_9615

IMG_9626

Next was a trip to the water park.  Everything in this little town is so close that it was so nice to be able to walk back and forth from our motel and the pool, ideal for naps.  And my grandpa, 84 years old, tackled the body slides.  He’s pretty awesome. 

IMG_1055IMG_1057IMG_1059IMG_1061

I’m sad that these reunions have come to an end – but am so grateful for all the awesome reunions we’ve had.

3 comments:

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Good pics. Still so sad I missed this. :(

Mom said...

Weiler reunions are the best. Now it's time for Dad and I to carry on the tradition. Where should we go?

DC Diva said...

I'm still sad I missed this too. (Kinda weird catching up and commenting 2 weeks after everyone else...)

Love the pic of Grandma waving from the pool. Love that she's waving w/ both arms. This needs to be vintage black and white and put on a Hallmark card and sold.

Who has the smallest waist? Lindsey? Grant?