Friday, October 12, 2012

Garage Shelves

I turned 28 back in July.  I told Jonathan I didn’t want any presents – all I wanted was shelves in our garage.  I’ve been wanting shelves ever since we moved in, then before I decorated Hannah’s big girl room (formally our storage room).  It just seemed like such an overwhelming project, but for my birthday I just wanted the project to finally get done.  That seemed to motivate us because the next weekend we got to work.  At times, it was a frustrating and difficult project – but it got done.  Thanks to some great neighbors and family who let us use tools and gave tips we now have some extra storage space.

BEFORE – the current shelf was there when we bought the house.  Every time we touch it, it creeks and pulls away from the wall.  It was a fear of mine that I would shut the garage door too hard one day and everything would come falling down.  It needed to go.

Back Wall - BeforeBack Wall - Before 2Left Wall - Before

AFTER

After 2

Best part is – all three of those tubs are empty.Back Wall - After 2

Left Wall - After 4Left Wall - After 3

Right Wall - AFterRight Wall - After 2Right Wall - After 3

Happy Birthday to me.  I love that it’s so much more organized now.

I had a fun birthday too though.  Hannah was SO excited that it was my birthday and wanted a party.  It’s fun to have someone around who gets so excited about life.  We decorated and got cupcakes to make it a little party.

IMG_9333IMG_9336IMG_9338IMG_9351IMG_9357IMG_9359

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cocoa Bean cupcakes? You have a talent for organization, looks great Ali.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

The shelves look great, although I'm a little confused. I was picturing them just against the back wall...but are they on the side walls too?

Wish we lived in the same state to celebrate b-days together. That dinner looked so yummy. and so did the cupcakes!!

Michael said...

You have been busy. Not just all the fun summer activities and home improvement projects, but 4 blogs in 1 hour ... got to be some kind of world record. The home projects look great ... Hannah and Jack are such troopers and take their new rooms and garage in stride. And nothing is better than families.

Love Dad

PS I have to go to snake world. Now officially on my bucket list.

Mom said...

My favorite part of you garage makeover are the empty containers, love it. Good job to both you and Jonathan I know it was a big job.

DC Diva said...

1. My fave part=your empty containers too. We are so Mom's kids.

2. I thought you were anti "over-rated" cupcakes. Where are those from?

3. I, like Cheryl, totally envisioned your shelves differently... along the back wall.

4. You have a telescope?

DC Diva said...

Also, I would like the recipe for that main dish pasta thing. Is it easy? Now that I'm a cook and all...