Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Boating with the Hills

Last Saturday we went boating with our friends the Hills.

It was my first time going boating for the season and had high hopes for an awesome day but was greatly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the company was great -

but as far and me and actually skiing....it was a flop.
Notice how I'm not up...I learned how to slalom several years ago and since I learned I've never had to try more than 3 times to actually get up and have a great run. This was not the case however this past weekend. I tried probably 10 times and NEVER got up. I was so discouraged. I don't know what my deal was. No worries - I will remedy this situation by the end of the summer.

Here is Jeff skiing...

And Brianne skiing....
And Jonathan skiing....
and of course my 54 year old dad showed us all up.

I only made it up on the kneeboard. Oh well - all in all it was a fun day and I'll take boating (even without getting up) over not going boating.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Don't worry Jon, if Trevor had been there it wouldn't have gotten up with you either. He's one of those "tuber" types. Big guy on a little board just doesn't seem to work for him.

Anonymous said...

I have fond fond memories of that boat... Lake Powell.

Aaron and Stacey Stevenson said...

That's better than me! I never got slalom skiing down. I started to be able to stay up on a wakeboard, but then was never able to get back out to the lake since. Just regular water skiing for me!

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Why does Dad lie? Here is hard core proof that he did ski the day. He told me he didn't becuase he was too sick. Don't trust the man.

Jeff said...

I'm pretty sure we actually have video proof of you getting up barefoot. When I think of good water skiing I now think of the Snows. And where did you get that picture of us up top...?

Ali Snow said...

I stole it from your blog :)

holly said...

I'm impressed that you can slalom. I'm still a 2 skier lady...bummer. This time in Idaho, I went skiing and completely ripped the bindings out of the skis when I face-planted. Lame.
I forget that you guys read my blog...I was just going to show up at the reunion and be obvious about my condition. Oops. :)

Brianne said...

I thought you did well, you got up a few times, the water was just so choppy. Thank you again so much! I need to get your addresses.