Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

My dad is a wonderful father and it was great to go and spend Father's Day with him yesterday. As a gift for my dad, my sisters and I decided to get him a Webcam. He is a first time grandpa as of about 2 months ago and his grandson is living in Maryland. We thought a Webcam would be a perfect gift so he could see his grandson more frequently.

Although it sounded like a perfect idea we worried that my dad would not embrace the Webcam because he is easily discouraged and frustrated with computers. We took a chance though and went ahead and got him a Logitech Webcam.

I had him open a present that held a note that told him to go into his office.

Once there, he read an email from Anderson (his grandson - even though it was really written by my sister) that included a bunch of pictures. We talked about how neat it was that technology allowed Wendy to take pictures and share them with us in the same day.















Then, I closed the email and there was Anderson, LIVE!

At first, my dad was confused and thought it was a video that he had already seen...

but after we explained to him it was live and there was a camera on top of his computer he LOVED IT! He totally embraced it and learned how to start a web call and had so much fun talking to Anderson.

Here he is showing Anderson his bald spot...

All in all...I think it was a success!

5 comments:

DC Diva said...

HUGE success! I can't think of any other gift any of us have ever given dad that "love" would describe his reaction. I don't even think "like" would work with gifts of the past. Way to go Ali. And way to see it as an opp. to blog! (cute orem parade too)

Harley King said...

I had a lot of fun yesterday. VidChats are the bestest.

I might not be clothed next time we talk.

Lisa Weiler said...

oh snap harley's gettin down and dirty. thanks for bloggin this...and takin picts...and settin it up and buying it! yipee that he loves it! dang gina now i wish i had one right now to show you guys my life in casa blanca

Brianne said...

That is the sweetest gift of all! Why can't I think of cool gifts like that. Every Father's Day I'm dying to come up with something.

Ryan and Cheryl Harris said...

Cool post!! I loved looking at the pics of him looking at the kings. That is so rad! I want to get one. THen we can show eachother our cute new clothes and you can show me your pocadot dress!:)